Current Covid Policy
Anchor Church Current Covid Policy
We are committed to welcoming you back to a safe and clean environment. We want to take care of our most vulnerable people and be united as we regather for worship. For your safety and ours, we ask that all attendees adhere to the Anchor Church Community Health Covenant.
Currently, masks are recommended at both of our worship services. Children do not need to wear masks.
Community Health Covenant:
I understand and support the Anchor Church health code:
- I will be mindful of social distancing while in the building to protect others.
- I will stay home if I have had flu-like symptoms in the past 10 days.
- I will stay home if I am unhealthy in any way.
- I will stay home for 14 days after being in close contact with anyone who has a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis. Or 7 days with proof of a negative COVID-19 result on day 5 or later (2) We recognize the following exceptions: those who have been fully vaccinated (3) and those who have recovered from COVID-19 within the past three months (4) or have tested positive for the COVID-19 antibodies within the past 3 months.
- I will inform Anchor Church if I test positive for COVID-19 after attending a service at Anchor Church. (This information will be kept confidential)
I will protect Sunday morning from divisive conversations.
I understand that church will be inconvenient and awkward during this time, but I will be patient and kind.
I understand that there is an inherent risk of any public activity because of COVID-19 and I understand that attending church service involves the added risk of being in proximity with one group for an extended period of time, therefore I will take all measures to protect myself and others from this risk.
We ask that you continue to attend church online if:
- You are unhealthy.
- You are high-risk and have health concerns.
- You’ve had a fever, cough, congestion, shortness of breath or a sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting, body aches, or loss of taste/smell in the past 10 days.
- If you have been in close contact with anyone who has a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the past 14 days. (Or 7 days with proof of a negative COVID-19 result on day 5 or later.) We recognize the following exceptions: those who have been fully vaccinated and those who have recovered from COVID-19 within the past three months or have tested positive for the COVID-19 antibodies within the past 3 months.
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days.
“Close Contact” as defined by the CDC includes any of the following:
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- Your shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you.
Parking & Entrance
- Follow the parking team’s instructions and enter through the north door.
- Maintain social distancing.
Greeters will be available to help direct you through each step of the process.
- Check-in will open 20 minutes before each service.
- Check in and verify that you are healthy using the paper Health Check form or the Church Center app.
To use the paper form:
- Hand the form to the check in team member upon entry.
- Proceed to the Worship Center or Kids Check in station.
To use the app:
- If you haven't already, download the Church Center app today. It is available on iOS and Android.
- Answer the health question: Are you healthy? If yes, proceed through check in. If no, please worship with us online.
- Check in all members of your household who are healthy and attending church with you.
- Complete check in and you will receive a "You're all checked in" message.
- Show this message to the Check in team member.
- Anchor Kids: Check-in tags will be printed at the kids check in station.
- Parents may bring their children to their classrooms.
- Adults will proceed to the Worship Center.
If you need help downloading the app, we will have an app assistance station just inside the north entrance. Our Connection team will be onsite to help you download the app using our wifi. They can answer any questions you have about self check in.
Our Anchor Kids team is excited to minister to your children in person again! Only children under one year of age will be allowed to join their parents in the Worship Center. All other children must check-in to Anchor Kids.
- Children and volunteers will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entering the classroom.
- Classrooms will be sanitized before and after each service.
Anchor Kids Check-out
- At the end of the service parents/guardians may proceed to their children's classroom to pick up their children.
- Please be mindful of social distancing.
- Present your child’s pick-up tag and a volunteer will release the child(ren).
- Masks are recommended during our worship services.
- We have designated an area closest to the exit for people who are high-risk or who require special assistance.
- Babies under 1-year-old will be allowed to accompany their parent/guardian into the worship center. The Mother’s Room will be available.
- Continue to give online through our website (www.anchorpalos.org).
- On the Anchor Church app.
- Bring your offering and place it in the collection box at the end of the service.
Safely connect with others
- We encourage you to connect with others after the service in a safe and wise manner.
- The gym will not be used as a gathering space before or after services.
- Seating will be available outdoors when weather permits.
Despite these uncertain times, we remain anchored to Jesus and committed to each other. Join us this Sunday at 9 or 11 am and worship with us.
You can also continue to give to God's work here at Anchor Church.
God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. - 2 Corinthians 9:7-8
The impact of COVID-19 on our community is far reaching. We are committed to doing our part to meet needs and provide help where we can.
Do you need help or care as a result of the COVID-19 impact? Our desire is to help you. Please fill out the care form and someone will be in touch.