Current Covid Policy
Anchor Church Current Covid Policy
We are committed to welcoming you back to a safe and clean environment. We want to take care of our most vulnerable people and be united as we regather for worship. For your safety and ours, we ask that all attendees adhere to the Anchor Church Community Health Covenant.
Currently, masks are required at both of our worship services.
As an additional precaution, and due to rising cases of COVID-19 among children, we are now requiring children over 3 years old to wear masks for the time being. (1)
Community Health Covenant:
I understand and support the Anchor Church health code:
- I will maintain 6 feet of social distancing while in the building to protect others.
- I will submit to a temperature check upon entry.
- I will stay home if I have had flu-like symptoms in the past 10 days.
- I will stay home for 14 days after being in close contact with anyone who has a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis. Or 7 days with proof of a negative COVID-19 result on day 5 or later (2) We recognize the following exceptions: those who have been fully vaccinated (3) and those who have recovered from COVID-19 within the past three months (4) or have tested positive for the COVID-19 antibodies within the past 3 months.
- I will wear a mask inside the building.
- I will inform Anchor Church if I test positive for COVID-19 after attending a service at Anchor Church. (this information will be kept confidential)
I will protect Sunday morning from divisive conversations.
I understand that church will be inconvenient and awkward during this time, but I will be patient and kind.
I understand that there is an inherent risk of any public activity because of COVID-19 and I understand that attending church service involves the added risk of being in proximity with one group for an extended period of time, therefore I will take all measures to protect myself and others from this risk.
We ask that you continue to attend church online if:
- You are high-risk and have health concerns.
- You’ve had a fever, cough, congestion, shortness of breath or a sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting, body aches, or loss of taste/smell in the past 10 days.
- If you have been in close contact with anyone who has a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the past 14 days. (Or 7 days with proof of a negative COVID-19 result on day 5 or later.) We recognize the following exceptions: those who have been fully vaccinated and those who have recovered from COVID-19 within the past three months or have tested positive for the COVID-19 antibodies within the past 3 months.
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days.
“Close Contact” as defined by the CDC includes any of the following:
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- Your shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you.
Parking & Entrance
- Follow the parking team’s instructions and enter through the north door.
- Wear a mask upon entering the building.
- Maintain social distancing.
Greeters will be available to help direct you through each step of the process.
- Check-in will open 20 minutes before each service.
- Families will complete the Health Screening and check-in together.
- Families or individuals may use the Self-Check Health form to speed up the check-in process.
- If a family/individual does not have a Self-Check Health form, Health Screening Volunteers will ask the Health Questionnaire questions.
- Following successful completion of the Health Questionnaire, a non-contact temperature check will be performed.
- If the temperature reads below 100.4, you may move on to check-in.
- If the temperature reads above 100.4, you may not complete check-in.
- Anchor Kids’ check-in tags will print and be handled by the parent/guardian.
- A Volunteer at the entrance of the Anchor Kids’ wing will assist children to their classrooms.
- Children ages 0-3 years will be dropped off in the nursery by their parents.
- Adults will proceed to the Worship Center.
Our Anchor Kids team is excited to minister to your children in person again! Only children under one year of age will be allowed to join their parents in the Worship Center. All other children must check-in to Anchor Kids.
- Children over the age of 3 will be required to wear a mask.
- Children and volunteers will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering the classroom.
- Social distancing is not mandated for ages 0 to 3. We will do our best to limit the interaction between children by providing individualized toys and ensuring 3 volunteers are in the room at all times.
- Parents will be called to change diapers or assist their child to the restroom.
- For children in Pre-K through 5th grade, social distancing will be required and enforced through limiting classroom capacity, allowing distance between children at the tables and providing individualized materials.
- Volunteers will wear masks when working closely with children.
- Classrooms will be sanitized before and after each service.
Anchor Kids Check-out
- At the end of the service parents/guardians should proceed to the designated pick-up waiting area. Observe social distancing by lining up along the south wall of the gym.
- Present your child’s pick-up tag and the volunteer will radio for your child to be sent to the pick-up area.
- Children ages K-5th will be dismissed to their parents. Pre-K children will be walked by a volunteer to meet their parents at the entrance to the Kids’ wing. Children ages 0-3 years will be picked up by their parents one family at a time.
- Ushers will greet you and seat your group following social distancing guidelines.
- We have designated an area closest to the exit for people who are high-risk or who require special assistance.
- Masks will be required throughout the entirety of the worship services.
- People on stage are not required to wear masks because it interferes with ministry. They are also able to maintain greater social distancing.
- Babies under 1-year-old will be allowed to accompany their parent/guardian into the worship center. The Mother’s Room will be available.
- Continue to give online through our website (www.anchorpalos.org).
- On the Anchor Church app.
- On your phone, text 4PILLARS to 77977.
- Bring your offering and place it in the collection box at the end of the service.
- Restroom monitors will be stationed outside the restrooms in the gym.
- While waiting to use the restroom, please maintain social distancing by following the markings on the floor.
- Only 2 people will be allowed in the restroom at a time. An adult with children will be considered as 1 person.
- Toilet seat covers are provided in both Men’s and Women’s restrooms.
- Restrooms will be cleaned throughout the morning.
Safely connect with others
- We encourage you to connect with others after the service in a safe and wise manner.
- The gym will not be used as a gathering space before or after services.
- Seating will be available outdoors following social distancing guidelines, when weather permits.
- Masks are not required outdoors.
Cleaning & Sanitation
- Facilities will be cleaned throughout the morning.
- All chairs in the worship center will be sanitized after each service using Oxy-boost.
- All handles (Outside door handles, doorknobs, bathroom doors, sink handles, stall handles, toilet handles and seats) will also be sanitized with Lysol spray or wipes.
Print the Self-Check Health Form to speed up the check-in process!
Despite these uncertain times, we remain anchored to Jesus and committed to each other. Join us this Sunday at 9 or 11 am and worship with us.
You can also continue to give to God's work here at Anchor Church.
God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. - 2 Corinthians 9:7-8
The impact of COVID-19 on our community is far reaching. We are committed to doing our part to meet needs and provide help where we can.
Do you need help or care as a result of the COVID-19 impact? Our desire is to help you. Please fill out the care form and someone will be in touch.