Due to COVID-19, all on-site events have been canceled until further notice.
Hi Parents and kids!
This week the lesson is about how God used Nehemiah to rebuild Jerusalem's walls, from Nehemiah 1-6. Use the Journal Pages and PreK and K-5th Activity Pages to enhance the lesson. New this weekend, we have a special Anchor Kids worship video from Miss Heidi! Be sure to check back on Tuesday morning for Application Resources.
Teaching Videos, mid-week Application Resources, and Anchor Kids updates are available here on our website, on our Anchor Church app under the Connect tab, and on the Anchor Kids Facebook page!
Kids Worship & Teaching Videos:
NEW!! Anchor Kids Worship with Miss Heidi:
Key Passage Song:
The key passage video is basically the memory verse set to music. There is one key passage with each unit, so this will stay the same for the next few weeks. Play the song and encourage your kids to sing along to help them memorize the verse!
Access the Journal Pages here:
Access the Activity Pages here:
We are happy to welcome your family to Anchor Church Palos!
We have carefully chosen our curriculum, The Gospel Project for Kids, because we believe what we teach our kids is vital to their spiritual growth. The Gospel Project is a chronological Bible study that takes kids from Genesis through Revelation over the course of 3 years. Every lesson points to Christ and the story of redemption, helping kids understand God’s love and His plan to save His people from the start.
- 0-2 years (Nursery)—Babies are provided a safe and loving environment with trained volunteers.
- 2-3 years—Toddlers are cared for by trained volunteers, introduced to basic Bible lessons and concepts, and given lots of creative play time.
- 4-5 years—Preschoolers are taught Bible lessons and concepts from trained volunteers, and are introduced to basic Bible memorization and truths about God and His word. They do lots of fun crafts and games that reinforce these lessons and concepts.
- K-1st grade—Through worship, Bible lessons, and fun activities, these young children begin to build an understanding of God’s love for them, and His desire to be in a relationship with them. The trained volunteers in this classroom know how to engage the kids with creative activities, while challenging them with truths about God and His word.
- 2nd-5th grade—This oldest group of kids spends time each Sunday worshiping Jesus and hearing challenging lessons from Scripture. The lessons are gospel-focused, and the kids are encouraged to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Through crafts, games and activities, the kids learn theological truths and how to memorize God’s word.
Safety Policies and Procedures:
The safety of our kids is of utmost importance to us. Kids are checked into our system, and unique ID tags are provided to parents. Children are well-supervised, and we only release kids to parents/guardians with proper ID tags. Each volunteer has completed a background check, submitted an application and met with the Kids Ministry Director for an interview. Our volunteers are regularly reminded of our safety procedures. A full Policy Manual can be made available upon request.
If you are interested in serving with Anchor Kids contact Lauren Hall.
Click here to fill out the Anchor Kids Volunteer Application